background

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Autism in a bad winter....

A mom posted in her blog about bad Winter we are experiencing this year...
My God!!! I swear I read it and laughed so hard... its true!!!! its terrible... schools cancel every day every other day or have delay hours... then the roads are covered in snow or ice or both!!. the generators are on... but we only can have the refrigerator on or the furnace, or we can charge our electronics but we don't have hot water.....

And then there is us.... an autistic Family who live by the love of routine... where the toaster has to work every single morning to make Gabby her waffles, the coffee maker saves my husband day and I relay on Internet to play on facebook my farms or go to Pinterest to find another crochet project to keep me sane....

Gabby has been good.... but the Ipad can work so long until it needs to be re charged... and then she wants to go to her bedroom.. but its freezing cold and we have to convince her that socks are not optional now and she must wear her thick pants and shirts.... and in her mind she only uses them when she goes out!!!
Netflix... dear love Netflix with your cartoons and movies that keep Gabby happy.... where are you????

The look on her eyes of desperation and frustration because the icon is there and the movies dont come up!!! why???? why??????
mommy cant help her... Daddy cant help her... and she keeps requesting over and over cereal and going out....
to the point that she took a picture of herself at the beach pointed at it and cried.....

I understand my loving girl... I do... so much I want to curl next to you and cry too.... this winter is hard... but we can do it....

we'll have the best spring and summer ever!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment