background

Sunday, December 1, 2013

Im grateful

So after our failed Thanksgiving day....  my husband, my hero... really got me back to reality...  he just said.. are you surprised? didn't you expected something like that?

I must admit... I always think I can predict Gabby's behaviors, her wants and needs and all Gabby situations possibles.... But I have to be reminded... the unpredictable will always be there... Its so easy to fall into a very strict routine to make it work that I forget to expect other outcomes.

This year I didn't get to sit with the family for dinner... but I'm grateful....

  • For having understanding family members who didn't make us feel bad because we couldn't stay
  • for not giving us a hard time for having a spoiled kid who does what she wants, but more understanding that YES she is different, and tonight wasn't her night....
  • For having friends who I can call and tell them the story and they will laugh with me ...
  • For my hero, mu husband who patiently waited for the green monster ( me) to calm down and quickly found a place who luckily had a thanksgiving plate!! (yeah how about that???? )
  • and again for my family who put up with us again on Saturday and let us come over again and have a do over.... even when Gabby was done after finishing her meal....

It happens... I can predict her anymore... I have to be prepared... and will continue to carry a big tote bag and feel like Mary Poppins... with infinitive amount of "in case she needs it" items.....

and I'm grateful because she gives me that smile that makes me feel that despite the changes on her routine... she is a happy girl...

No comments:

Post a Comment