background

Friday, April 4, 2014

When the good news come








 
 
There is a thing about having a DX... you always think only negative things and very rare think that life is awesome.
Not always.. yeah yeah... we do have bad news, bad nights, bad days and bath seasons... but we also have great times...

There are days where I don't envy at all those whiny kids at the store screaming for a toy, days where I don't stress because I am not buying the latest toy,or because we couldn't go to Disney like a friend at school....

There are days, my personal favorites where I get full eye contact and a smile.
Days where I get hugs and request to stay with her until she falls asleep
days where by chance her OT says how much more she is doing and gets excited with me for something as simple as filling her own water bottle with no help and no dripping!!!!
her PT says how many attempts we had for jumping and the ones when she actually jumped!!! and we all cheer for her.
Days where she walks by her school hallways and every teacher says HI GABBY, but better when a peer says HI and waits for her to respond.
Days when I come early or drive really slow to see if I can catch a little glimpse of her on the playground and see her with another kid playing

And days when I want to cry in happiness because one girl asked to have a play date with her just because she loves her.....
or because I saw that she was able to recognize 5 written words and I didn't know it....

Days when I think she wont get what i say, and I look like a fool because she does!!

I love days like these and I hope I get more and more....

No comments:

Post a Comment