background

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

a simple day...

 Many of us start our day with a nice or really rushed breakfast. and then off to our morning schedule of work and school.... following by afternoon activities of dance classes or sports.... and maybe we can enjoy a dinner as a family at the end of the day and then homework and off to bed so we can start all over again....

our life is pretty much the same... except that our mornings sometimes are unpredictable as there are nights that Gabby doesnt sleep through the night or she sleeps so profund that it gets hard to get her up and  ready to come downstairs for breakfast....
many of our school mornings we are late.... School has been pretty suportive of us about that... they dont give me looks for coming in with wild hair and flip flops. they dont ask me anymore what classroom does my daugther goes to... and as soon as they see us coming they have the phone on their ears calling Gabbys aide to come and greet her at the office or midway to her classroom... Even when she has her breakfast in hand as she takes a slow walk on the school hallways....
You know?? I used to be so embarrased... but I sarted looking this morning situation in a different way... First WE finally made it to school....  She is been independent as we walk into the school parking lot and on the school buildings.... She waits for her late note and waves at everyone good morning. and then one more kiss that sometimes I have to remind her... ( and yeah I get the oh! mom!!! look) and then... there is a little swag on her walk... as she holds her bowl and keeps on walking while checking the classrooms she passes by and waving at anyone who she sees on her way....
I enjoy that.... I really do!!! makes me feel more than proud... I get to see a glimpse of what it is when I'm not with her.... and I see a confident little girl... and a world that even  when sometimes scares me for the what ifs of the future..... They are there watching and caring... and saying hi....

No comments:

Post a Comment