background

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Love my hobby....

I have always or as long as I can remember a craft person... I know I take that from my mom... all my memories as a kid are filled of my mom doing something crafty... from 3D pictures, to stuff animals, learning how to bake...... and everything in between....

I love having that from my mom... Even when we are living far from each other... I have that with me all the time....

Well.. There are many crafty things that I had always wanted to do.... and lately I took on youtube and some friends to learn to knit and crochet.... and had a blast....

Soon.. I wasn't happy with just learning stitches.. I wanted to do more... and in a few weeks got to make some blankets for our winter afternoons by the fire....

Then.. my little one took it to her room... and DUH>>> how come I haven't make one for her....

so got new yarns.. and got to it.... it was the best feeling seeing that blanket "grow"... row by row... color by color my excitement was getting bigger....
Gabby was eyeing me all the time... and from time to time she would pull the big mass of colors and cover herself....

I finish it.... it turned out to my eyes ok.... but what got me to feel amazing was that Gabby took it to her room as soon as I was done and showed it to her.....
She has been sleeping with that blanket the whole year....

Now i understand how my mom loved to do her stuffed animals... because we would have them after she was done making them....
what an amazing feeling....

No comments:

Post a Comment