background

Monday, April 15, 2013

Day # 15... Tax day....

Yeap.. today a lot of people in this country are facing the deadline to pay taxes. Thank God I dont have to figure out that... Not that I dont pay taxes.. But I dont deal with that because one amazing person.
You see.. Having Gabby in my life is a full time joyful job. It requires my attention at any given time, and i get pay in huggs and kisses. If they were taxable I will owe so so so much!!!
So yeah. I spend my days and nights caring for her. But here is the most important part of my life.
There is no way I could do this if it wasnt for the other part of the team.
When you have a kid with disabilities, it brings to a whole new set of problems, worries, stress, discomfort, routine, discussions in and out of the home.
If you dont have a good team in the home and good players, it all can go to hell in a blink of an eye.
I read somewhere that parents with kids with disabilities are more likely to get divorced. The rates keep going up as more kids get the diagnosis every year.
Between accepting the diagnosis, learning to live with it, and start with all kind of therapies that might help or not your kid, it brings a lot of stress home.
You cant socialize as you use to, because your kid has a hard time going to new places, and most of the time you need to watch him/her closely. Not easy to plan dates, vacations, or even time alone... since babysitters are not easy to find. At least the ones that know you kid enought to know that she might sneak in the kitchen and make a mess looking for snacks, or knows how to open the door and get out looking for mommy and daddy. Or my most scary one... that she will choke eating a pretzel.. ( we have that constantly) and your sitter wont know how to help her.

See?? not easy.
But I'm lucky. I have a good team. My husband spends hours working, comes home and still works, he does whatever he has to do to provide for us so I can still have my job as a mom. He has the patience of a Saint. The house is upside down most of the time since I'm always on the chase, so he comes home and helps around.
his few hours of free time that Gabby is available (meaning no therapy) he plays with her and takes her for rides on THEIR ( oh yeah she has claimed it as hers) 4-wheeler, sometimes until she falls asleep.
This guy puts up with my moods, and my stubborness, with my stress and more, and finds ways to make me smile, and keep going.
He has said to me so many times.. "we are in this together", "we have to keep going" "we are meant to be".... he is right.
We are not perfect, I have my own issues and he has his share. But when you know that you love each other and you can put trust on the other one to make it work, God can do all for you.

I'm one lucky girl. He is one lucky guy.

I love you .

No comments:

Post a Comment