background

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Dia #10 a little OCD

Have you notice how many times we have seen in movies people "acting" OCD? and we laugh.. and we think wow.. that's so silly... who would do that???

Well not to a full extend but Gabby does.. and by extend I do!.
Why? because for her is a way of behavior that many times we can control, modify or ignore depending on what's going on.

Today for example. after swimming lessons we take a shower and then we go to the lockers and get our stuff out.. Simple right? Not so much...
Most of the time she wants to use the Same locker.. but this is the YMCA and we don't know if the same one will be available.. so I try as much as I can to switch it even if the "one" is available. to break the pattern.
She knows very well where we put our stuff.. her memory is amazing.. but We can always try to get OUR locker...

So if I'm having an OCD day... she would take me to our favorite locker and make me open... and then open the one next to it and the next one and 5 more.... then close each one, after she checks it.

The problem comes when there are things inside... and she would be mad!!!! That's her Locker!!!
so Mommy has to go ease the frustration by showing her another empty one quickly!!.

You might think what a pain... but at this point I find it  cute and funny... because I love her so much...
and believe me I'm not always patient enough to open 8 lockers and keep my client happy....

but if that's going to make her happy... I'd gladly open and close 8 lockers,... and then walk away..... to a new adventure....

No comments:

Post a Comment